Personal & Class Conduct
- No Student should say or do anything to bring dishonor to the school, their instructor or fellow students.
- Students will bow to the flags when entering or leaving class.
- Students must sign-in prior to the start of every class attended.
- Students must obtain permission to leave class early, before class begins.
- No jewelry can be worn during class.
- Students with hair longer than shoulder length must keep it tied back during class.
- No student who has consumed alcoholic beverages or drugs will be allowed to attend class.
- Any student taking prescribed medication must inform the instructor prior to class as it might effect the students performance.
- Students must remove their shoes before entering the training area.
- No talking is allowed during class.
- When the instructor directs a student or a group of students to work-out on their own, the student is to work-out. Not stand, visit, or observe others working out.
- Students must keep a regular and consistent schedule of practice.
- All students with higher ranking belts will strive to assist and guide lower ranking students.
- It is the responsibility of all students to keep the school and the dressing area neat and clean.
- Adults with small children are responsible for seeing that their behavior is not disruptive.
- No smoking or chewing tobacco is allowed.
- Chewing gum is not permitted.
- No profanity is permitted at any time.
- Fingernails and toenails should be kept short.
Conduct Towards Masters & Instructors
- All students will obey, without questions, the words and requests of seniors and instructors.
- When approaching an instructor students should bow and say "Pardon me, sir" or "Pardon me, Ma'am." When finished the student should say "Thank you, Sir" or "Thank you, Ma'am."
- When entering an office, a student will knock and stand at attention until admitted.
- Students will address all instructors as "Sir" or "Ma'am."
- Any substitute teacher will be treated with the same respect as the regular instructor.
- Students will bow to the instructor when entering or leaving class.
- A student must show respect to the Master or instructor by bowing to them in all areas of the academy, not just in the classroom. If they are seated they must stand and bow immediately.
Failure to follow these rules could lead to dismissal or suspension.